WEALTH MANAGEMENT RETAINER
A Wealth Management Retainer engagement provides investment management and comprehensive financial planning for a transparent annual fee. This is an ongoing relationship where our firm acts as trusted guide in the financial areas of your life.
During the Initial Year of your Wealth Management Retainer there are typically 6-10 meetings, which may cover the following topics:
- Portfolio Analysis. We compile a complete inventory of your investments and real estate and analyze each for costs, tax efficiency, performance, risk, and diversification. We help you to understand what you have and whether what you have is appropriate for you and help you fix the problems you're facing.
- Risk Management & Insurance. Since we don't sell insurance, our sole interest is making sure you have the right amount and type of coverage. We help you determine how much and which type of insurance coverage you need, what risks you can afford to self-insure, where you should buy your insurance, how much you should pay for it, and help you maximize your employee benefit package.
- Tax Planning. We strategically help you take advantage of tax planning opportunities so that you aren't paying more tax than required. We help you implement tax-efficient investments, Roth conversions, charitable giving, and life-time giving.
- Estate Planning. Estate planning goes well beyond making a will. We help you consider medical directives and other end-of-life issues, minimize estate taxes, discuss when a trust might be appropriate, and help you decide how to most effectively transfer ownership of a small business. We’ll help you consider options that you can implement with your attorney.
- Goals and Values. Your goals and values are the foundation on which your personal financial plan is built. Whether your goal is to start a business of your own, have peace of mind about retirement, or leave a legacy through your charitable estate plan, your financial plan is coordinated so that you can do the things that are most meaningful and satisfying to you.
- Retirement Planning. Retirement planning is more than simply ensuring that you won’t outlive your money - although that is a major concern. It also involves the timing of benefits, including Social Security, and – beyond the financial aspects – it’s about how you will make your retirement years personally fulfilling and enjoyable.
- Investment Management & Asset Allocation. We work with you to create an investment plan that is designed specifically for your particular situation and goals. We will not simply put you in a model portfolio based on answers to a brief risk tolerance survey. Since we are compensated directly and exclusively by our clients in a fee-only way (rather than through commissions from fund companies, hidden fees, etc), we can provide unbiased investment advice.
- Cash Flow Planning. Deciding in advance how you will spend your money ensures you are making regular progress toward financial independence and keeps your plan on track. If you are struggling with debt and spending issues, we will help you set priorities and gain control over your money.
- Charitable Planning. We help you accomplish your charitable goals in the most tax-efficient way possible. Planning tools may include: donor advised funds, charitable trusts, and charitable estate planning.
- Education Funding. If you have children or grandchildren, identifying the best way to saving for their education can be a complex and confusing process. We help you choose the most effective way to save for future college costs.
- Ongoing Consultation. Our open retainer means that, in addition to the services listed here, we will provide advice any time you request it on the financial matters that concern you.
In Renewal Years there are typically 2 or more meetings, depending on your needs. Topics cover a full spectrum but will usually include:
- Investment management
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Portfolio/net worth update
- Tax Planning
- Other planning services as requested
- Other Initial Year topics are reviewed every several years, or as needed
- Full access to advisor as needed